29 February, 2008

Adieu, William F. Buckley Jr.

...grrr grrr(Will's mobile ringing...on the way to heaven)...
Will: hello
Sam:Hi Will
Will: Hi Sam
Sam: Haba, Why did u have to go on ahead to the great beyond at a time like this? You could have waited a while more for me to finish Stained Glass...na wa 4 u o

Will: no vex o...it was the whole election brouhala that got to me...
Sam: ehn, that reminds me...why didn't you want to stay around long enough to know the outcome of the Presidential Elections?
Will: true talk....but you and I know the winner already
Sam: but the elections are still a long way off
Will: yes..but we have a new President in the person of Obama
Sam: Obama? what about McCain, your party's flagbearer?
Will: well, from the voting patterns during the party primaries so far, it is evident that the American People want a change of government and policy...
plus the fact that McCain is favorably disposed to the current American foreign policy of killing the killables and wounding the woundables in Iraq, Afghanistan, Somalia and Iran.
Sam: so, what you're saying in essence is that we should look forward to an Obama Presidency
Will: I doubt it cos the Federal Government has concluded plans to give your Prof. Maurice Iwu US Citizenship so that he'll come and conduct the elections...
He has been tested and trusted in the area of Winning Delivery...
Sam: You dey take style insult an accomplished pharmacist of repute
Will:(cuts in) and an accomplished election fixer as well so that McCain will be declared the winner
Sam: I no follow u talk again... at least it wasnt Iwu that fixed the elections of 2000 for Bush
Will: yeah, rite but my country shops for the best in every sphere...so it is imperative that at this point in time, he should come and be drafted to employ the tactics he used in 2007 to the forthcoming elections between McCain, Obama and Ralph Nader..
Sam: I've heard you...Please tell Baba Eleran, my grandpa and my dad that I miss them o
Will: I will
Sam: Yuz yil sonra gorusuruz
Will: bye, till then

No comments: